[EM] Power of votes with approval

Elisabeth Varin/Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 8 09:18:27 PST 2002

-- Olli,

I just asked these questions.
If you vote for all candidates, you have no power at all.
You maximize the power of your vote by voting for half of the
candidates.
This would be the optimal strategy if you had no knowledge from
pre-election polls.
However, the optimal strategy with information obtained from polls, is
to vote for your
favourite and any other candidate you like that the poll says it would
beat your
favourite.

Steph.