[EM] Candidate Proxy Methods (fwd)

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue Dec 3 16:28:33 PST 2002

I would like to point out that the class of methods outlined below works
just as well for multiwinner races as single seat elections.

In either case the voters submit lone mark ballots, designating the
candidate whose judgment they trust the most as proxy in the Election
Completion Convention.

If there are n seats to be filled, and there is a subset of n candidates
each of which is proxy for more than 1/(n+1) of the voters, then those
candidates fill the n seats.

Otherwise, an appropriate (proportional, if n>1 ) version of Condorcet or
Approval, or some other nice method is used as the Election Completion
Procedure.

----