[EM] Josh--Sorry about typo

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 26 20:51:05 PST 2002

Josh wrote:

Mike uses this example...

60: ABCDE
70: BACDE
100: B
83: DECBA
75: EDCBA

A & E get eliminated, and their transfers leave C with the fewest votes. C
gets eliminated though C is CW and though C is the voted favorite of more
people than is any other candidate.

C is the Condorcet Winner? 230 people prefer B to C, while only 158 prefer C
to B.

C is not the CW.

B is the CW

I reply:

Sorry about that!

The middle line should have been:

100: C

I'm so used to examples in which the middle CW is named B, that
I accidentally wrote B when I meant C.

So that example should have been:

60: ABCDE
70: BACDE
100: C
83: DECBA
75: EDCBA

I hope that I didn't make the same typo in my 2nd example in that
message. The 2nd example should be:

50: ABCDE
51: BACDE
100: C