[EM] 12/19/02 - `Mikeo the man of many Typos'

Donald E Davison donald at mich.com
Fri Dec 20 03:15:01 PST 2002

12/19/02 - `Mikeo the man of many Typos'

Greetings list members,

Mike Ossipoff wrote:

In my most recent message, the following passage was accidentally
left in after it had been discovered to be incorrect:

"(In ordinary Approval, the fact that the Dems are more numerous than
the Nader people means that the Dem candidates will outscore them)."

Donald here:  This may be a typo to the mindset of Mikeo, but
in reality it is not `incorrect'.

In the real world the Dem candidates will outscore the Nader people, even
in an Approval Voting election.

Mikeo and his cohorts refuse to accept the fact that many voters refuse to
make lower choices.  Our Australian friend on this list has already told us
that in real IRV elections in his country, many voters refuse to make lower
choices.  In spite of this truth, Mikeo keeps his blinders on and goes his
merry way believing that the foolish Dem voters are all going to march
lockstep and vote for Nader as their second choice.

What in the world would make Mikeo and his cohorts think the voters will
act any differently in an Approval election than they do in an Irving
election.

It's not going to happen Mikeo -
     - you're living in a dream world -
           - wishful thinking does not win elections -
                - your mindset is one big typo.

Donald Davison

----