[EM] Dyadic Rated Pairs

Roy royone at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 14:59:32 PDT 2001

Forest Simmons wrote:
> It seems natural to me to reckon the weak relations
> (A > B and C > D) at half the rate of the stronger relations
> (the four that straddle the double inequality).
> The method generalizes in an obvious way to any number of
> candidates.

Not entirely obviously: is >>> twice as strong as >>, or merely 1.5
times as strong?

I'm going to bring up again (just for the record) that:
1. Assigning numbers to ranked preferences introduces "data" that
isn't necessarily an accurate interpretation of the voters'
expressions.
2. CR type ballots can be used for this, with the voters supplying the
numbers.

I also think that your method, when multiple ballots are summed, still
depends on a winning margin. It's just a weighted margin, isn't it?