[EM] Mr Simmons: provide the FBC definition please

Craig Carey research at ijs.co.nz
Mon Sep 3 18:32:59 PDT 2001

Mr Forest Simmons wrote this. Since eh was not replying to my request
for information privately I have rejoined to ask the question in this
list. What exactly is the equation of this concept called "FBC" ?.
It appears to be a rule, i.e. a Boolean equation or function containing
existential quantifiers (i.e. "For All", "There Exists") and that can
test a preferential voting method. The equations can be very easy to
write down roughly and get almost right or a bit wrong, as
Mr David Catchpole was proving. Mr Forest Simmons: what is FBC?.
The words "it satisfies" is rather plain. Last I recall it had undefined
ideas in it.  If it is insensitive to pursue false statements then could
someone post up the rationale for that?.

>Ranked Preferences requires more information, but it satisfies the FBC.

from
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/election-methods-list/message/8020