[EM] Re: Hybrid Beats-All/Approval v. Straight Approval

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Sun Oct 28 21:03:42 PST 2001

DEMOREP1 at aol.com wrote:

> Anybody watching on TV about the lifestyle of Taliban folks (with their circa
> 6,000 B.C. politics) in poor suffering Afghanistan ???
>
> Not too much apparent discussions of election method reforms among them.

If the Taliban is forced out of power, I could see some of these reforms
being useful in Afganistan, even if the only elections consist of some
sort of inter-ethnic council holding consensus meetings on behalf of the
actual citizens.

Note that no single ethnic group claims a majority of citizens there.
The largest group, the Pashtun, accounts for only about 40% of the
population.