Medians (was Re: [EM] Absolute Utilities)

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Wed May 2 22:47:16 PDT 2001

Mr. Simmons wrote in part-

Thanks for the example Bart. I had found a similar one myself. But I'm not
convinced that the majority candidate is more democratic than the median
candidate, just as I am not convinced that the majority candidate is
better than the Approval candidate.
---
D- Political Science 101 - Lesson 1

Democracy is majority rule, by definition (as compared to minority rule
monarchy (rule by 1) or oligarchy (rule by more than 1 but less than a
majority) (regardless of the *intensity* of anybody's vote).