[EM] Reverse Symmetry Criterion

Martin Harper mcnh2 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 24 17:58:49 PST 2001

I'm not that fond, in general, of past/fail criterion. Surely it would be
better to know the /extent/ to which a method fails, if it fails.

Qualitative Reverse Symmetry Test
--
Generate a large number of sets of votes, according to some appropriate model
of the electorate. For each of these, determine if the method elects the same

For comparing two methods, it makes sense to give them both the same set of
votes to work with, to minimise the random factor.
--

Martin