[EM] Approval supporters needed

Tom Ruen tomruen at itascacg.com
Wed Mar 28 14:10:09 PST 2001

Hey! We have a job!

This email (bottom) is a forward from the instantrunoff egroup today.

I went to the site mentioned:
http://www.reformamericainc.org

Searched for IRV and found:
http://www.reformamericainc.org/paper-vote.shtml

It gives an example how IRV works. I emailed to their site and mentioned
Approval Voting. I took the IRV example they had (2 strong candidates, 2
weak ones), and applied approval to show that it easily gave the same
results w/o ranks.

Here's the reply:
**********************
* Thanks, Tom.  I'm a fan of Approval Voting myself.
* ...
* Would you be interested in writing a piece on approval
* voting yourself for publication on our web site?
*
* Let me know.
*
* Cheers,
*
* Thomas Bryer
* Executive Director
* Reform America

I replied that I'd be glad to write something. I also said there may be
others  on this list that might like the job, so I offer it now. Any takers?

I will write something if no one else wants to, but at the moment I'm
over-tempted to try to include my Unranked-IRV as an alternative way to
measure approval ballots, but we need some more time to evaluate it.

Tom Ruen