[EM] Bad Condorcet winners?

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:36:00 PST 2001

There's been some mention here about bad Condorcet winners. Presumably
that's Condorcet winners who don't have high first choice totals.

Bad for whom? Who is wronged when we elect such a Condorcet winner.
The majority who prefer him to A? The majority who prefer him to C?

Or some less-than-majority group that doesn't agree with  one of
those majorities?

Voter's Choice brings out the desirability of Condorcet. As I said,
no matter what method you prefer, it's obviously in your own best
interest to designate Condorcet. IRV is going to often miss, and
not pick the best you can get, for instance. No matter how much Don
likes IRV, it will often misplace his Plurality vote or his Approval
cutoff point.

On another topic:

Tom, do you accept the poll on polling topics? And, since, with Voter's
Choice a voter can designate Runoff Approval, do you accept that more
general voting system?

Mike Ossipoff