Legality of "inverting" ballots by Condorcet.

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 17:24:11 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/5/01 3:42:44 PM, Buddha wrote:

(34:65) Anderson over Cleveland) (*)
***
Or some such.   Please point out the election fraud in such a report.

D- The fraud - the rather obvious and blatantly false *Anderson over
Cleveland* conclusion certainly detectable by the 65 voters who voted for
Cleveland over Anderson.

Long ago I suggested using both a YES/NO and number votes.

For executive and judicial offices, only candidates getting a majority YES
vote should go head to head (using the number votes).

If 3 such choices each got a YES majority and there was still a circular tie,
then *a* tiebreaker is having the highest YES choice win.

In the example, Cleveland may just happen to have the most YES votes.

I note (again) that YES/NO *absolute* votes are used on issue votes by the
voters (on constitutional amendments, laws, etc.).

The same idea should apply to candidates.

Doing only the YES votes is a form of Approval Voting (and is defective since
a first choice majority candidate may lose).

YES votes only

47 A
4  A > B
48 B