[EM] Is "Inverse Nanson" better than standard Nanson?

Michael Rouse mrouse at cdsnet.net
Mon Jul 2 16:40:13 PDT 2001

I'm sorry, I should have said "pairwise-comparison" methods. I consider
most pairwise-comparison methods to be Condorcet-like, even if they have a
different completion method than suggested by Condorcet. I was just
emphasizing that the Borda count, which gives points based on a candidates
ranking (and which does *not* always select the Condorcet winner), can be
used iteratively to find Condorcet winners and losers with a completely
different method. *And* it gives a single winner/loser even if the
candidates are in a circular tie.

Mike Rouse
mrouse at cdsnet.net