[EM] Re: Alternatives to Borda Count

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Mon Jan 29 20:54:13 PST 2001

One reason I have been limiting myself to 0..10 in recent postings,
rather than 0..100 or some such, is that the former seems less likely to
convey an unintended false precision -- even if it were possible to
collect sincere ratings with one part in 100 accuracy, there would be
little agreement on what to do with those ratings.

I'm more concerned about the gross anomalies, and 0..10 is just about
sufficient to show that in examples.

Bart