[EM] Cloneproof SSD

LAYTON Craig Craig.LAYTON at add.nsw.gov.au
Mon Jan 22 14:24:20 PST 2001

>It isn't clear to me how you use random ballot to decide which
>pairwise defeat you drop.
>
>Example: Suppose that you have to decide whether W:X or Y:Z is dropped.
>Suppose that the randomly chosen ballot is W > Y > X > Z. How does this
>randomly chosen ballot helps you to decide which pairwise defeat should
>be dropped?

There would be a few ways. You could always say that the pairwise contest
expressed first (ie, the one in which the lowest numbered candidate of the
pair is the highest).  In the above case it would be W:X.  Although, it
would probably make more sense to do the opposite (the pairwise contest in
which the lowest numbered candidate of the pair is the lowest).