[EM] The Repoman strikes again

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 9 22:27:35 PST 2001

The most recent
>Russian presidential elections showed some indication that in the period
>between that election and the previous two, a block of voters moved from
>(excuse the spelling) Zhirinovsky, the extreme right candidate, to Zuganov,
>the Communist candidate.

Your spelling seems like what I've seen. Zhirinovsky & Zuganov
were closer to eachother in the nationalism dimension. Maybe nationalism
was important to some voters. One thing that's difficult to model
in simulations is different voters's different perceptions of the
importance of the issues. Other than that, people ranking Zhirinovsky
& Zuganov both over the middle doesn't discredit spatial models.
There's an issue dimension on which they were close.

Mike Ossipoff