[EM] What's going down in Catchy's neck of the woods

David CATCHPOLE s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 30 16:23:38 PST 2001

A bit of stupidity from the leader of my political party (Labor)-

http://www.abc.net.au/news/qldelection/eqld-30jan2001-3.htm

In further news, the far more mentally defective leader of One Nation
thinks this is a "blow"!

Seems the Labor committee that's in charge of
how-to-votes has rationalised Peter Beattie's demands as some kind of
acknowledgement that we'd equally dislike conservatives and crypto-nazis
getting in because both groups would oppose a Labor government. They've
decided to extend preferences to Labor-friendly candidates in certain
seats, though, which is a good thing and would likely be enough to
ameliorate any Beattie hijinks.