[EM] Voting machines

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Mon Jan 1 13:05:03 PST 2001

I don't recall how much price differential there is between optical-scan
and punch card equipment, but touch-screen is evidently _much_ more
expensive than either.  San Francisco recently purchased optical-scan
equipment at a cost of $3 million; the cost for touch-screen would have
been $15 million.

The cost for touch-screen in Santa Clara County has been estimated at
$20 million.

Bart