[EM] Recursive Elimination Supervisor

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 24 20:51:41 PST 2001

Interesting. This might turn out to be the best IRV mitigation.
Not that IRV advocates have ever accepted any mitigation. As I always
say, they seem determined to impose all the worst of IRV on the voting
public. But mitigations such as this should be offered to them, so
that we can later show that not only did they know about IRV's problems,
but they were also offered a number of mitigation compromises, none
of which they accepted.

Then there's always the possibility that a new method can turn out
to be one of the best, or maybe the best, in some important regard.

It would be a mistake to take it as certain that the best methods
known so far will always be the best known methods, and so sometimes
we've checked out new methods to find out if they challenge Condorcet
for the title of the best. So far none of them have, but when a new
method looks good, it should of course be checked out, and so let's
find out if this particular new method is up there with the best.

Mike Ossipoff