[EM] Typo

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 22:26:35 PST 2001

I wasn't going to mention this again, but I should correct a typo:

In a recent letter I said: "...then when we go through the ballots of
the elections afterwards, we can always make it be that strategy for
him calculated from different Pijk will result in that voter getting
a lower overall total for his utilities of the winners in those elections."

That could be taken to mean that we can modify the Pijk in such a way
that it results in a lower outcome utility total. That isn't what
I meant. I meant that, for any Pijk other than the ones that the
voter actually used, we can make that Pijk give that voter a lower
outcome utility total than the Pijk that he actually used, by doing
a sufficiently large number of Approval elections.

So let me reword the definition without that ambiguity:

The Pijk used by a voter are the probabilities for i & j being the
frontrunners in election k if & only if, by doing a sufficiently large
number of Approval elections, we can make it so that the strategy based on
the Pijk that
the voter used will give him a higher outcome utility total than that gotten
with any
other Pijk that we compare it to, and exceed it by as large a margin
as we want it to.

[end of definition]

Mike Ossipoff