[EM] Ballot Instructions

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 22:12:05 PST 2001

>I can't see clear wording to use for approval.  Something like "Select all
>the candidates that..." you approve of?  are acceptable? are
>qualified?  All three of those choices could result in different votes from
>me (a candidate may be acceptable, even if I wouldn't truely approve of
>him, and a candidate may be qualified for a position, but who's positions
>are antithetical to mine, etc).
>
>Has much thought been given to ballot instructions?

Here's what an Approval ballot would say:

"Vote for 1 or more."

Whether you vote for everyone who's acceptable, or for everyone who's
qualified, or for everyone you approve of is your decision as a voter.
Our Plurality ballots merely say "Vote for 1.". Approval ballots need
only say "Vote for 1 or more."

Mike Ossipoff