[EM] Ballot Instructions

Martin Harper mcnh2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 08:50:19 PST 2001

Well, if you think that the rating methods are ok with the instructions
you give, then "Rate each candidate on a scale of one to zero" would
make you happy in approval. Myself, I'd prefer "Put a single cross next
to as many candidates as you wish".

Personally, I'd say that any discussion of "most elected" or "approve"
or "order of preference" should stay out of instructions for methods
which have strategy - otherwise people who obey instructions get less
value out of their vote, which seems a little unfair.