[EM] Mike-O to be on `America's Funniest Home Videos'

Martin Harper mcnh2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 06:19:48 PST 2001

I Like Irving wrote:

> Mike: "Approval is the method with which no one ever has any incentive to
> dump their favorite by voting someone else over him."
>
> Don: <snip flame> In Approval Voting it makes no difference
> which candidate you vote over some other candidate. All choices get assign
> one vote each and the tallyman will count them all equally and at the same
> time.

When you vote A over B in approval, this means that you have voted for A
and against B - that is, you have put a cross next to A, and nothing
next to B - or in your words, A is a 'choice', and B is not a choice.

In approval you have no incentive to diapprove of your favourite and
approve of someone else. Is this any clearer?

I'd write more, but I'd like some indication that you're actually
listening first. *shrug*