[EM] Approval Voting vs Instant Runoff Voting:

Ultra Runner UltraRunners at netscape.net
Mon Feb 12 19:33:32 PST 2001

You guys got me all wrong: I wasn't writing against Irving or in favor of Approval.  I happen to like Rolling.  If legislatures were chosen like juries, we would have much better representation. For example, it would be nice if I, who am not a millionaire, were represented by a non-millionaire.

Since there would be no campaigns, there would be no need for campaign finance reform, etc.

One other thing caught my eye.  You asserted that "Approval sucks."

I'm fairly new to this election-methods-list so I'm not entirely up to speed on the lingo.

I assume that term refers to some type of pressure differential in voting dynamics.  Am I to assume that it sucks towards some static or dynamic equilibrium?  If so, which one, and how do I calculate it?

Ultra