[EM] "if possible" to "doing so, if possible,"

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 30 20:29:12 PST 2001

It's occurred to me that the words "if possible" could mean
"voting Smith higher only if it's possible to do so without...".

And so I'd like to replace "if possible" with
"doing so, if possible,...", in connection with changing the
order of how that ballot votes the other candidates, and in
connection with changing how that ballot marks other candidates.

So it would read more like this:

Monotonicity:

If, by a certain set of ballots, Smith wins, then if we vote Smith
higher, doing so, if possible, without changing the order in which
we vote other candidates, and, if possible, without changing how
we mark other candidates, then, after that change, Smith shouldn't
lose.

[end of definition]

I similarly change my definition of a fixed way for John to
mark the other candidates.

That's my latest definition of Monotonicity and of a fixed way
for John to mark the other candidates.

Mike Ossipoff