[EM] Approval Vote ballot paper sought; rejected by 'one man one vote' rules

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Sun Apr 8 17:32:22 PDT 2001

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Craig Carey wrote:
> Before Approval is commented on, can an exact high quality
> PNG (or JPG or GIF) image of the typical Approval Vote
> voting paper be posted?. Last time I was inquiring into
> that, Rob Lanphier ruled that Mike Ossipoff did not have
> to answer that question (I thought it was a ruling on an
> issue like nepotism vs. pure knowledge, but anyway this
> is a list to be ignorant in, and Mike is there setting the
> precedents).

Craig,

I have yet to kick someone off of this list, though I do reserve the right
to.  I find it quite ironic that you insist on rigour in the arguments of
others, and yet resort to ad hominem attacks to get your "point" across.
Moreover, I don't ever recall making a "ruling" as you describe it.

Your frequent and rather annoying attempts to get me to intervene in your
debate with Mike are no more likely to succeed than they ever have been.
If that causes you to leave this list in a huff (again), then, well, fine.

Rob