[EM] Take a number & get in line.

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 23:28:39 PDT 2001

I'm not complaining, and I'm not saying that all the letters are hostile,
but recently there have been quite a few letters questioning my criteria
or (from Blake) going on at great length about my character & sanity,
evidently a very important issue to Blake.

You might say that Blake is so far off-topic as to not deserve an
answer, and that's true. But because he's been posting so voluminously
& furiously, repeating  the same type of mis-quotes so many times,
that I'm going to reply once more, & include a summary & clarification
of his theme.

Such a series of long rants about another member of the list is
unprecedented here. For instance, if I criticize someone, it's in
a letter about voting systems. I don't post a series of long letters
about a person. I suppose I should take it as a sort of flattery that
Blake considers me important enough to post all those long letters
exclusively about.

Evidently something has really upset Blake, and it's something having to do
with me. I won't try to speculate what it is, but it's something important
enough to him to make him dig through archives of 5 years
ago in order to make his case--about something with no relevance to
EM's voting systems topic.

Of course it's ridiculously off-topic, and I won't keep replying after
I post my next reply & summary.

All this  has occurred right at a time when I have lots of other things
that have to be done, and so I haven't had time to answer the letters
yet.

That I haven't answered those letters yet doesn't mean that I'm not
going to. Obviously there isn't time to take part in all 4 discussions
at the same time, so I'll do them one at a time, starting with the
briefest & most relevant, and ending with the longest & least relevant.

In other words, the order will be: Poll issues, Martin, Markus, Blake.

Mike Ossipoff