[EM] None-of-the-above

Anthony Simmons asimmons at krl.org
Sat Apr 14 18:46:31 PDT 2001

>> From: Tom Ruen
>> Subject: Re: [EM] 3 choices/5 voters Example

>> I like the idea of including a None-of-the Above choice
>> (explicit or implicit) and if this "choice" wins the
>> election, then all the candidates are discarded and a new
>> election must be held with all new candidates! This is the
>> ultimate protest vote and perhaps it would motivate a few
>> more unhappy voters to come to the polls.

>> Tom

I like that idea too.  It might cause us some expense and
confusion, and might even turn out to be impractical, so I
can't say offhand I'd actually want to implement it, but
there are an awful lot of people who would like that option.
I can think of a few times I may have voted for none-of-the-
above myself.