[EM] Re: SARC definition improvement

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:08:57 PDT 2000

>3. A choice does or does not get the earliest majority using accumulated
>place votes (1st place votes plus 2nd place votes plus etc using the number
>rank votes).

Bucklin isn' a bad method, but it doesn't have all the advantages
of Tideman(wv) or SSD.

Compared to most circular tiebreakers, Bucklin wouldn't be a bad
one, but it isn't the best one. If one is going to propose rank
balloting, one might as well propose a really good rank-count,
like Condorcet's method.

>As usual, I note that the adding (or removing) of sincere/ insincere
>majority/ minority votes is ballot box stuffing (or ballot theft) while
>looking at the remaining ballots (violation of the secret ballot) is a cute
>little internet game but highly criminal in real elections for real
>candidates (and issues).
>
>An election method works on ALL of the ballots (and NOT on some of the
>ballots).

Demorep, earlier in your message you spoke of some candidates
having a "Yes" majority. You didn't look in the ballot-box, did
you?

Mike Ossipoff