[EM]

LAYTON Craig Craig.LAYTON at add.nsw.gov.au
Tue Oct 10 19:25:27 PDT 2000

Sorry, lack of clarity again.  In STV systems (single and multiple winners)
your vote couts as helping to elect a candidate if you ranked one of the
winning candidates higher than the last candidate to be eliminated.  Where
there is a Condorcet winner, your vote counts as helping to elect that
candidate if you ranked that candidate over the candidate who would have
been the Condorcet winner if the actual winner hadn't contested the
election.