[EM] Losing with 99% of the vote: Mike tell us why

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Sat Oct 7 17:59:55 PDT 2000

Craig Carey wrote:

> To Mr Mike Ossipoff: what is the probability of this election example
> occurring?
>
>  >   99 ABCDEFGHIJ
>  >    1 J

I can't speak for Mike, nor do I know the probability of the above
example occurring, but if it does I can tell you the probability that J
would win (assuming the voters are rational):  zero.

Of course, if the voters are irrational then it doesn't matter which
method you use.  Maybe the 99 are inmates in a mental institution, and J
is the director of the institution.