Majority winner set

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 04:27:23 PST 2000

Mr. Ossipoff wrote-

No, a voting system must be defined in terms of how it acts on
people's actual votes, not on their preferences.
***
 The only input available to the voting system is the
voters' actual votes.

There's no need for me to introduce a new concept for what input to
refer to when defining voting systems. All of us define them in
terms of people's votes. The voting system specifies a way that
voters may express their preferences in the balloting, and a count
rule for choosing a winner based on those ballots. That's how
voting systems are defined, by everyone who defines a voting system.
----
D- I am happily shocked.   I have been noting such political fact of life
(actual votes produce results) for circa 3 years on this list.

Some minor chaos results in election methods due to the actuality/
possibility of having divided majorities and divided minorities (producing
circular ties in some cases).