Let's found an organization to oppose IRV

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 12:54:48 PST 2000

Demorep wrote (in part):

>If no majority winner, then there is a vacancy to be filled by the indirect

>majority rule p.r. legislative body involved.

-----
Mr. Layton wrote-

This doesn't solve the problem.  There is good reason to believe that makeup

of the legislature reflects support for the president (in the previous

example; 34 Nazi, 33 Communist, 32 Democratic).  What voting system will the

legislators use?
----
D- Then the office remains vacant until (a) some foreign power invades, (b)
the sun goes nova, (c) the next election for the legislative body or (d) the
People revolt and a tyrant takes over who wipes out all political parties.

Give me a break. Irrational/ no compromise/ deadlock folks will break ANY
system.