[EM] More 0-info pairwise strategy

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 30 18:13:13 PST 2000

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote:

> I have no information about what card you drew, but I can still
> tell you the probability that you drew the Ace of Spades: 1/52.

You therefore have information about the pack- which is, of course, in the
card-game situation that you mention, highly significant information.

> election, based on 0-info, with no situation being more likely
> than any other situation. I'd count how many situations there are,
> and how many would have each of those 2 effects.

"no situation being more likely" is indeed information.

Suffice to say, as I did before, that this kind of discussion really does
blow my mind, and so I think I'll drop out of it (or at least try to!).