[EM] Fw: IBCM, Tideman, Schulze

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:17:27 PDT 2000

Markus wrote:

The pairwise matrix doesn't contain identical elements.
If SD is used then candidate D wins decisively. If SSD
or Schulze is used then candidate C wins decisively.

I reply:

I've checked and D does seem to win in your example, with SD.
I haven't checked Schulze in that example yet. I'd thought that
I had a demonstration that SD would do like Schulze when the
pair-defeat table has no equal entries. At this time I don't know
whether or not your statement is correct, and so I can't claim that
it isn't correct.

But even if it is, SD still meets BC, and hasn't been shown to
have any kind of problem when there are no identical entries in
the pair-defeat table. Unless it does, it's still a very good
candidate for a public proposal. But of course till it's demonstrated
that SD doesn't have a many-voters problem, I'll only propose
Tideman instead.

Mike Ossipoff