[EM] Desperate to use Pareto?

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 3 18:44:26 PDT 2000

>There is no reason to feel accused. I only wanted you to remember
>that the question whether a given election method violates the
>Pareto criterion can be difficult. I could also mention Saumur's
>Smith//RandomCandidate.

Some of my prodedures would have ignored defeats in subcycles,
even if they're unanimous, so they were violating Pareto in
a particularly open way, and weren't examples of hidden
Pareto violation.

If some currently-considered proposals violate Pareto, or
might violate it, that would indeed make Pareto useful.

Mike Ossipoff