[EM] Voting Software

Blake Cretney bcretney at postmark.net
Wed Jul 12 10:50:30 PDT 2000

I have started a new project, found at:
http://vote.sourceforge.net

Its purpose is to create free software (particularly public domain
Python scripts) that
is useful for on-line voting, and for the discussion of voting
methods.

I don't know how many of this list's subscribers know how to use a
python script, but
for those of you who can, I have created some scripts that I call the
VoteEngine.

This program reads in ballots, and can tabulate the results according
to various
pairwise methods.  I hope to be adding more methods over time.

If anyone wants to help, or has any comments, you can either respond
to this
newsgroup, or to me personally (bcretney at postmark.net), whichever you
think
is more appropriate.