[EM] Ratings as a standard

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 20:19:48 PST 2000

Mr. Bart Ingles wrote in part-

Again, here is the kind of example I was concerned with:

     Voter utility
     100 99.9 99.8                                    0.2 0.1 0.0
     ---------------------/\/--      --/\/-----------------------
499   A                                                      B  C
3     B  A                                                      C
498   C                                                      B  A

Condorcet Winner:  B
Avg. utility:      A=50.1997   B=0.3997
---
D- Again (and again) I have noted that relative rankings do NOT show any
"absolute" support which is why I have suggested having a YES/NO vote on
choices, doing the head to head comparisons for the choices that have YES
majorities and using a tiebreaker, if necessary.

Obviously B in the example does not have a YES majority.
A beats C 502 to 498.