[EM] Candidate vote transfer p.r. method, 16 Jan 2000

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Jan 23 21:52:03 PST 2000

Que wha...? OK... what purpose does this serve, making comments about
other members of the list, some of which are dubious, to say the least
(though yes, Demorep is indeed a woman, and came out as one in the first
few weeks of the list).

How about everyone spill the beans about their personal background? Mine's
definitely not exciting... 20 year old 4th year Bachelor of Science /
Bachelor of Arts student at University of Queensland, St. Lucia, Brisbane,
Australia, lives in Redcliffe, a satellite city of Brisbane. Commutes by
public transport. Both parents doctors in public service, father an
administrator, mother an internal occupational health and safety medical
officer at an large hospital and district. Member, Australian Labor
Party. Member, Queensland Young Labor Left Faction. Member, Australian
Republican Movement. Attended Catholic primary school and Anglican high
school. Has chronic pain in left leg. Whoah.

Silly Hare vs. sublime Droop again. Craig's almost afforded a really good
beginning argument against Hare in the two-candidate example. However, D's
recent brief description of a system which is indeed an improvement on a
plain SNTV/List system and which could be easily applied where these
systems already existed, for instance Scandinavia, Japan, shouldn't be
knocked down because she's a Hareite and  maybe even had a mental
breakdown in some point of her life (whoah!).