Tideman and GMC

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 23:00:54 PST 2000

Mr. Cretney wrote in part--

It seems to me that a new way of looking at this example involves

noting that much as we would like to honour them all, the three

majorities A>B, B>C, and C>A cannot all be right.
---
D- One is the biggest clone of one of the other two.

As to the margins versus winning votes problem-- there remains the question
of whether or not nonvotes (i.e. truncated votes) should be deemed half votes
for each choice in a pairing (i.e. margins would stay the same but the
winning votes would go up).