[EM] Good introductory site

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 26 17:25:34 PDT 2000

That message wasn't intended to go to the list. I replied to a
message from Bart, as a way of addressing an e-mail, but I
didn't notice that it was a list-posting that I was replying to.

>Talking about your website at www.barnsdle.demon.co.uk, I have to
>add that your website is out of date. For example: In that website
>you still write that SD and SSD were identical and that SD met
>monotonicity.

I know, but it's only possible to update those articles once in
a while. Of course when the next updating opportunity arrives,
I'll change those things. But I didn't say that SD & SSD were always
identical, only when there are no pair-ties or equal defeats. Of
course they aren't even equal then, and that's one of the things.

Also, I'll add Tideman, and the newer SARC definition, and add
something about voting equilibrium, and maybe make other changes
too. Of course anything now known to be incorrect will be changed.
Of course I'll remove SrDSC.

In the Approval strategy article, I'm going to simplify the section
about estimating tie-probabilities from winning probabilities, by
leaving out the part on fixed vote-total, and writing the whole
section with the assumption of fixed turnout, which is a more
intuitively natural idea, and which is geometrically more obvious
too. Tideman's suggestion used fixed vote-total, probably to
reduce the number of dimensions of the locus of the outcome point,
but including that part makes the subject seem more complicated.

Mike Ossipoff