[EM] New voting system website. Comments sought.

Markus Schulze schulze at sol.physik.tu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 25 12:49:24 PDT 2000

Dear Mike,

you wrote (20 Aug 2000):
> Some people might like or understand Tideman better. Some people
> might like or understand SSD better. So why not include both,
> to increase the number of people who like & understand at least
> one of our top methods?
>
> Or does it seem really important to just include one? I don't want
> to take a defensive tone, because we did ask for list members'
> advice. Maybe you're right. But what about the consideration of
> doubling the chance that a particular reader will find something
> that he/she understands & likes?

I believe that the set of readers who understand PC and the set of
readers who understand Tideman and the set of readers who understand
SSD are almost congruent. Therefore I believe that by proposing three
methods instead of only one method you cannot increase the number of
readers significantly who understand at least one of the proposed
methods.

Markus Schulze
schulze at sol.physik.tu-berlin.de
schulze at math.tu-berlin.de