[EM] New voting system website. Comments sought.

Markus Schulze schulze at sol.physik.tu-berlin.de
Sat Aug 19 16:54:41 PDT 2000

Dear Mike,

I want two add two points.

First: To my opinion, some parts of Russ Paielli's website
are written in a too optimistic manner. Statements like
"The Condorcet voting system allows all voters to vote their
true preferences and gives them no reason or incentive to
vote strategically or defensively by falsifying their true
preferences." are simply not true and should be written in
a more realistic manner.

Second: I have the impression that Russ Paielli rather wants
to promote Condorcet methods than to discuss the different
Condorcet methods in a scientific manner. But then it would
be better if he concentrated on only one "optimal" Condorcet
method.

Markus Schulze
schulze at sol.physik.tu-berlin.de
schulze at math.tu-berlin.de