[EM] Brief voting clarification

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 26 18:48:16 PDT 2000

When I said that I vote in the best way for myself if I
vote to maximize my expectation for my actual sincere rating
of the winner--I meant that, over the long haul, when looking
back on a long period of election results, I'll feel that I've
done the best possible for my own interest if I've voted to
maximize sincere ratings (ratings of how good the candidates would
be for me), and I'll be glad that I didn't let skittishness at
the time of voting influence me, by using vN-M utilities.

Also, if I feel that what I really want, at the time of voting,
is to maximize my expectation for my actual sincere rating of
the winner, then that means that my sincere ratings _are_
my vN-M utilities.

Mike Ossipoff