Fwd: [EM] Borda Count

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 17:11:14 PDT 2000

>Can you help me find a computer program which will do ballots with the
>Borda Count procedure?

Mr. Barney--

Borda's way of counting ranked ballots is really the worst voting
system I've heard of. And I've heard of some bad ones, like our
currently-used 1-vote Plurality, and Instant Runoff.

Borda is the only method that can fail to elect someone who is
voted as favorite by more than half of all the voters.

Borda causes strategy dilemmas where even our 1-vote Plurality
wouldn't have any problem.

Let me suggest 2 web locations for more information about better
voting systems:

http://home.pacbell.net/paielli/voting

http://www.barnsdle.demon.co.uk/vote/sing.html

(Please note that the first of those 2 URLs doesn't contain "www",
and that the 2nd one spells "barnsdale" without the 2nd "a", so it's
written "barnsdle").

Mike Ossipoff