[EM] Landau Winners/Fishburn Set

Norman Petry npetry at cableregina.com
Sun Apr 9 08:58:20 PDT 2000

Here is another message from Markus answering some of my questions about
"Landau Winners".  This issue arose because Markus included the algorithm
for Landau along with his Schwartz algorithm, and I had some questions about
it.

 Again, I thought it might be something of interest to EM generally, so I am
forwarding it to the list for further discussion.

N.

Dear Norman,

you wrote (8 Apr 2000):
> You mentioned the Landau set in your message, but I do not recall that
> Landau has ever been discussed on the EM list.  Does it have any merits or
> uses we should consider?  I did a quick search on the Internet, but turned
> up nothing useful, so if you have any references to Landau I would
> appreciate it.

I should have said that the set of Landau winners is called "uncovered set"
or "Fishburn set." If you search for these words, then you will find some