[EM] Craig Carey's new list

Donald E Davison donald at mich.com
Sat Apr 8 04:56:18 PDT 2000

Dear Craig Carey,

     Thank you for the invitation to join your new list, but I am of the
position that it is best to have one list for election method discussions.

     The EM list is not overloaded. Any list should be able to handle ten
to twenty different subject lines at the same time.
     Members are not required to follow every thread.

     The advantage of having many threads on one list is that if the
interest for one thread does pick up, the other members can join in.
     You will not have this advantage if you take your thread off into
another list.

Thank you again,
Donald Davison

   +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
   |                         Q U O T A T I O N                         |
   |  "Democracy is a beautiful thing,                                 |
   |       except that part about letting just any old yokel vote."    |
   |                            - Age 10                               |
   +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

                   A Few Words about What I Am Doing

* I examine every feature of initiative and candidate election methods.
* I keep the good, correct that which can be corrected, create some new, and
  discard the extraneous, the erroneous, and the corrupt features.
* My quest is to reveal the best possible election methods to be used in each
  government jurisdiction.
* I engage in debates and I email updates and digests of this ongoing work.
* The cumulative results of my efforts are posted to my web site which
  I call New Democracy and can be seen at:  http://www.mich.com/~donald
* All this action has resulted in an exchange of email, from which I feel
  I have learned the most.
* I look forward to learning more.   Regards, Donald Davison