[EM] importance of 0-info incentives?

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 19:58:16 PDT 2000

EM list--

I forgot to add: I question the importance of the kind of
incentives that Blake has talked about with 0-info.
Blake hasn't told me why they should matter to us for the
purpose of comparing method merits.

I've said that strategy incentives are important? Sure, but
I was talking about strategic needs, ways that a group of
voters could feel forced to vote insincerely in order to get
their due, something that they want as a majority.

But even if one wants to judge that way, Margins turns out to
cause people, in a 0-info election with 3 candidates, to
decline to vote one of their preferences more often than
Condorcet does.

Mike Ossipoff