[EM] Vermont's Two Member Districts

Tom Round T.Round at mailbox.gu.edu.au
Sun May 16 21:19:46 PDT 1999

Sorry if I have missed an answer already given, but ... What particular
voting system does Vermont use in the 2-seat districts? Block vote (ie, 2
x's), or a single non-transferable vote, or some form of PR? Tom.

At 12:17 PM 5/17/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Am I right in assuming that the two-member districts are in areas with
>reasonably high votes for the parties that prior to the election were
>non-majority parties?
>
>On Sat, 15 May 1999, Donald E Davison wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>>      In April I asked the question:  "What is the smallest change that will
>> yield the most improvement in an election method - for the size of the
>> change?"

Tom Round
BA (Hons), LL.B (Qld)
[1] Research Officer, Key Centre for Law, Ethics, Justice and Governance
(incorporating the National Institute for Law, Ethics and Public Affairs), and
[2] Associate Lecturer, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice,
Griffith University, Queensland [Australia] 4111
Ph:	[1] 07 3875 3817 or [2]  07 3875 6671 or [3] 07 3875 5957
Fax:	[1] 07 3875 6634 or [2] 07 3875 5608
E-mail: 	T.Round at mailbox.gu.edu.au