[EM] My nasty system for advantaging urban parties

Donald E Davison donald at mich.com
Sun May 16 04:36:20 PDT 1999

Dear David Catchpole,

     You seem to be hell bent on stealing representation from the smaller
factions. You would have a large faction with sixty plus percent gain all
the seats in your three member district.
     So be it, if you must be that way, but there is no need to go through
all your rigmarole of pretending to be proportional.

     Instead, the Imperiali quota will fill your nasty requirements quite
nicely.

     I-quota = (votes)/(seats + 2) + 1

     The I-quota for your three seat districts will be twenty percent plus
one vote, which will allow a sixty percent plus faction to gain all three
seats.
     The other near forty percent of the voters will be shit out of luck
with no representaion, but then that is your wish.

     How long do you think it will take for you to outgrow your evil
thinking and realize that representaion is for everyone and that the
government of the future is the government that does include everyone at
the table. (no ? mark because no answer is expected)

    In closing, I will agree that your plan is a "nasty system".

Donald E Davison